Monday, May 23, 2016

11th letter from Geel, Belgium -- Week 100 -- Last letter

Mark your calendars... Elder Steenblik is coming home!!!!
Doin some last minute mission pondering on the banks of the river
Our investigator, Rene.  Haha... this guy is stinkin hilarious
Stefaan and Elder Steenblik.  He is going to America this week to marry his honey
One last shout out to my "Come up to the Mountain" Draper Temple Celebration wristband.  I have had this thing on since I was in the 8th grade.  Who woulda thought that it would make it this far? I still have no idea how it hasn't broken!

Holy Schnikes! This is it.  Last letter ever.  Here she goes.

We have had a fantastic week here in Geel.  We had a couple of first lessons this week and some good lessons with other investigators.

This week we started teaching a new college student named Melissa.  She had met the missionaries before so knew a little bit about us.  We had a super good lesson with her and she is really excited to learn more.  We are going to set a baptismal date with her this week which will be sick!

Also, we had a sick mansion miracle this week.  We were knocking doors on a super hot day and ended up getting lost in a forest.  We came upon a gate with a bell, so we figured what the heck, why not bell it.  Some woman eventually came to the gate and was super nice to us! She said that she wasn’t interested in changing but thought that it was amazing what we do, so she briefly invited us in to get a drink.  All I can say is, Wow! This house was incredible!!! Just to walk from the gate to the house alone was a minute walk.  It was literally the biggest house that I have seen my whole mission and there was also 2 guest houses on their property that were as big as a normal Belgian house! We passed their Porsche, Mercedes and Range Rover on the way.  We got inside and had a super good conversation with her about what we do and what we share.

Well, I honestly cannot believe that it has come to an end! It seriously feels that I have only been here a couple of months.  I have loved every single second of my mission and it truly has been the most remarkable thing that I have ever done.  It has been a wonderful experience to be able to wake up every day and put on that name tag and go out and work for a cause that I know to be true.  I have learned so many lessons, met so many amazing people, been to tons of cities, worked with countless missionaries, seen amazing sights, taken countless rejections.  I have experienced the highest of highs, as well as the lowest of lows.  The warmest sunny days to the coldest rainy days, literally! I am grateful for all of the good days as well as all of the bad days.  I am grateful for every trial that I had these past 2 years and for what I was able to learn from them.  I am grateful for all of the members, less actives, and investigators that I have had the opportunity to work with these past 2 years and for the impact that they have had on my life.  I am grateful for all of you guys and your support through this crazy journey.  I can honestly say that this was the best 2 years of my life.  There will always be a special place in my heart for the memories and people in Belgium and The Netherlands.  I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who was with me every single step of the way.  I know that he lives.  I know that through His atonement we can have the power to change, to receive forgiveness, comfort in our times of trial, and to receive strength beyond our own.  I will be eternally grateful for the privilege I had be a servant of the Lord in these 2 beautiful countries for these 2 short years.

Well, it has been a heck of a ride.  With tear filled eyes I say goodbye to the greatest 2 years of my life.  I look forward to what the future has in store.  I look forward to seeing all of you guys and being back in the good ol US of A.  Thanks for everything.  I love you guys! See you soon!

                          -Elder Benjamin John Steenblik

No comments:

Post a Comment