Monday, March 7, 2016

6th and final letter from Almere, Netherlands -- Week 89

Elder Steenblik and Bishop Decker
03-07-16 Hard Rock Cafe in Amsterdam.  After 20 months, I finally had some chicken wings
03-07-16  Beautiful day in Amsterdam

Goedemorgen Dames en Heren,

This week has been a great one.  We were able to find some new people to teach and managed to meet with quite a few less actives as well.

We found a new investigator this week named Mariana.  She was a woman who had been taught by the Elders a while ago but she only met with them once.  We went over there and had lunch with her and afterwards had a lesson with her.   She has lived all over the world and has had tons of amazing experiences. She was very interested in the Book of Mormon and was excited to read it.

This week we saw a cool miracle.  We went home for dinner and when we got to the parking lot we both felt that we needed to look one last person up before we ate dinner, so we looked up a woman named Trisha.  She let us in but was really busy and stressed, so we could only stay a couple of minutes.  We shared a quick Mormon message and just left a little spiritual thought with her.  When we left she had tears in her eyes and thanked us for coming over.  That was a cool experience to see how the Lord wanted us to visit her and just leave a little spiritual thought to brighten her day.

This week while we were just knocking some doors we talked to a guy who invited us in.  He was 30 years old and he had a wife and 4 kids.  They said that they were looking for a church that would be good to raise their kids in.  Boo Yaah! We are going back later this week to teach them.  Golden!

Well, sadly after just 6 short weeks, I will be leaving Almere.  But, I will be going back to Belgium!!! I will be training a new missionary in a city in Belgium called Geel.  I am sad to leave Almere, but I am super excited to get to go back to Belgium.  I have really missed it! I have absolutely loved my time in Almere and I am thankful for the privilege that the Lord gave me to serve here.  Well Almere, it has been real! Peace out.

                         -Elder Steenblik

No comments:

Post a Comment