Monday, September 28, 2015

18th and final letter from Eindhoven, Netherlands -- Week 66

Elder Smith and Elder Steenblik at Zone Training
Elder Steenblik being a sloth
I will miss the Eindhoven church and the members so much

Elder Jordan Bishesar from Paramaribo, Suriname will be Ben's new companion starting on Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Hey guys,

We had an amazing week this week.  We started out with Zone Training on Tuesday and it took lots of planning to get it all ready.  We spent so much time preparing it, but it turned out great and was all worth it! I gave a presentation on always remembering the Lord.  I challenged everybody at the end of the day when they are praying, to look back on their day and see how they have seen the hand of the Lord in their life that day, and then thank the Lord for those blessings.  The Lord´s hand is in our lives every day and sometimes we fail to see that! It was super fun preparing it and giving it at Zone Training, but I am sure glad that it is over! What a weight off our shoulders.

We found some really cool new people to teach this week and set some good appointments for next week.  We definitely saw a lot of miracles finding people! We met a woman knocking doors and she said that she was a huge Donny Osmond fan.  I talked with her about Donny Boy for a while and then we started talking about faith.  She said that she actually had a Book of Mormon in her house that her friend had given her years ago! She was really interested in us coming back and explaining a little bit more about the Plan of Salvation because her father passed away about a year ago.  We are really excited to start teaching her.

There are 4 Elders in the mission who are putting on a concert devotional in a couple of weeks, so they came and worked in Eindhoven this week to promote their concert.  We had a couple of dinner appointments together with 8 missionaries, so this week has just been a partay!

On Thursday night we traveled up to Nijmegen to give a baptismal interview.  I gave it to a guy named Jeffrey and he was so cool! He was really prepared to be baptized.  Throughout the whole interview he was testifying of how he had gained a testimony of every principle that we talked about.  Then on Saturday night we got to attend his baptism.

We also did some service for a less active guy in the ward this week.  We helped him and his girlfriend move.  They were both very grateful for our help and invited us over for dinner this week! We are also going to play soccer with him every week.

This week has been a wet one.  Every time we are outside we get soaked! At least it hasn’t been too terribly cold yet.

Well, now to the juicy stuff.  I am getting transferred on Wednesday! I am going to Den Haag! (The Hague.) My new companion will be Elder Bishesar.  Eindhoven has been absolutely amazing and I have loved every second of it! I loved serving with Elder Da Silva as well and these past 6 weeks have been the happiest of my whole mission.  I will miss the members here so much.  But I have heard nothing but good things about Den Haag! (Other than it is the worst driving in the Netherlands.) Dang it! Haha, but I am super excited.  I am so grateful that I had the privilege to serve here and I look forward to what the future has in store.

 Peace out Eindhoven!!!  It has been real!!!!!

-Elder Steenblik

No comments:

Post a Comment