Monday, January 25, 2016

17th and final letter from Den Haag, Netherlands -- Week 83 (19 month mark today)

Elder Steenblik at the temple (Saturday, January 23, 2016)
Elder Steenblik on church tower in Delft
View from church tower in Delft
Delft
Hey Guys!

Yet another fantastic week is in the books.  On P-day last week our whole district went to the beautiful city of Delft and climbed the enormous church tower.  It was a beautiful clear day, just freezing cold! All of the canals were frozen but sadly, they weren’t thick enough to skate.

We had a super busy week with exchanges Tuesday through Friday.  On Wednesday I went to Leiden with one of my best friends, Elder DeWitt.  We had a great day together.

Ferdinand is doing great.  We taught him the Plan of Salvation this week and he came to church as well. He still has a baptismal date for the 20th of February.

We also got in contact with Boniface who has been on vacation for the past month.  We had a lesson with him this week and read the Book of Mormon with him.  He had been reading it on his vacation.  We set a new baptismal date with him in February as well!

On Saturday we got permission to go to the temple.  It is only 20 minutes away from us and transfers are this week, so we figured we would go before I get transferred! We had a great session.  And the best part was that it was basically a mission reunion for me! There were members there from Leuven, Eindhoven, Hengelo, and Den Haag.  Basically everywhere I have served except Lelystad.  That was a nice surprise.

After the temple we were working with the sisters in Den Haag.  We had just gotten out of a lesson and we were saying goodbye and some guy waked up to us. I thought "Oh no, this guy is gonna come ask us for money."  He started talking to us and was just super friendly.  He said that he believes that there is some sort of God that created everything but he doesn’t know what or who he is.  We were able to teach him briefly about our loving Heavenly Father.  He was super open and interested and we have a lesson with him this week! That was a really cool miracle.

It has been an awesome week and the Lord is blessing the work in Den Haag.  We have been having a lot of success.  Sadly, I will be leaving this Wednesday.  I will miss it here!  It has been a privilege to serve here in Den Haag.  I love this city with all my heart.  Some of the best times of my life were spent in this city.  I am getting transferred to Almere to serve with Elder Smith! Elder Smith is a good mission friend of mine, so I am excited.  I look forward to what adventures Almere brings.  The church is true and God loves you!

                                  -Elder Steenblik

No comments:

Post a Comment