Monday, December 14, 2015

11th letter from Den Haag, Netherlands -- Week 77 Happy 20th Birthday Elder Ben!!!!!!

Elder Steenblik and Elder B
Zuster Begazo, Elder B and Elder Steenblik
And I thought Smart cars were bad!!

Hey Everybody,

Thank you all so much for all of the birthday wishes!

We have had a pretty crazy week traveling all over the place.  It was definitely a week of lots of driving.  I am so tired of driving! For the past 4 1/2 months, I haven’t had a companion who could drive.  My lower back is startin to feel it.

We had a Zone Conference this week in Zoetemeer.  I just have to say how awesome President and Sister Bunnell are.  I have never met 2 more loving people than them!

We saw some success this week in finding new people.  One woman is named Claudia and we had a super solid lesson with her.  She is from Suriname but has lived here her whole life, and even lived in Florida for a little while.  She is a super sincere woman and was very happy to read the Book of Mormon and pray about what we shared.

There was a Christmas concert this week that the singing Elders put on.  It was outstanding and there were tons of people who attended.  The chapel was nearly full and the Spirit was very strong.  I got to see some members from some of my old cities which was super fun.

On Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference in Haarlem.  On Saturday night we drove home and there was some road work on the road we needed to take to get home.  At 10:30 PM we ended up in Amsterdam.  Then our GPS rerouted and took us through a huge dark creepy forest! Haha.  I can’t believe that we are even alive, but it was kind of nice seeing a forest though.  I have missed the great outdoors.  You don’t have much of that in this country.

We are still working on helping our investigators make progress.  We will have a great lesson and they are super into it and feel the Spirit really strongly, and are really excited to read the Book of Mormon and learn more.  Then we go the next week and they haven’t even touched the book or done anything! People just get so busy with life and the holidays and forget everything.

We had a lesson this week with an investigator who is an opera singer and he was trying to teach me how to sing! He would sing something and I would try to match it and then he would give me feedback and just destroy me haha.  Some people are just not meant to sing.  Me being one of them!

Elder B will be getting transferred this week down to Belgium.  My new companion will be Elder Clukey! I don’t know him too well but I'm sure he is great.

Happy Holidays peeps.

                         -Elder Stonecan
This is Elder Mark Clukey from  East Corinth, Maine.  He will become companions with Ben on Wednesday, 12-16-15

No comments:

Post a Comment